Generously Supported by:
Events include a variety of different activities: scavenger hunts, art nights, discussion nights, skating, sledding, biking and more
Please check the calendar for meeting locations. We will typically be meeting at Youngestown-Britannia Community League but this may change for some events.
We ask for $2 each event. If you don’t have it, come anyway! We never turn youth away for lack of money…talk to us!
COVID: How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
- Staff/volunteers and participants must be masked during program (The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408), though if outside and socially distanced is possible then masks will become optional
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the ability to allow participants into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks
- Staff/volunteers will take attendance for each Youth Event – this is standard KOT policy
- We ask that no participants enter the program if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Staff and volunteers will self-assess their health and will not come to work if showing symptoms (see above.)
- Hand sanitizing upon entry into the program
- Hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette will be reviewed
- If any staff have symptoms we will adhere to the policy to self-isolate and they must get tested and provide a negative test result before returning to work
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high contact/touch spots
- Physical distancing will be used to keep youth (unless part of the same cohort) a minimum of 6 feet apart from others
- Signage throughout program areas to create a flow of foot traffic. Youth will be asked to leave promptly after the program ends so we can sanitize properly
- Washrooms will be sanitized after each use
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is it for?
A: Shift Youth is open to any youth grade 6-12.
Q: What time is it?
A: Our regular weekly hangout is 6:30-9:00pm every Friday. However some events may happen on other nights of the week or during the day when school is out. Please check our calendar and Social Media accounts for weekly details!
Q: How can I contact you?
A: Call Brad Halsey (Youth Manager) at 780.481.2942 ext.4 and leave a message or email email@example.com. You can also fill out the contact form below!
Q: Where do you meet?
A: Currently, due to COVID-19 we are unable to drive youth in our bus. We often meet at the Kids On Track office at 15641-96 Ave (People’s Church Building) but please check the calendar for each event before attending to ensure you have the correct location.
Q: Do I have to get permission?
A: YES! You must have a registration form signed for the first time you come. You can find them below.
Q: How much is it?
A: We ask that you bring $2 each Friday. Sometimes we have an event that costs more but we try to give as much notice as possible for those nights. If cost is an issue, just let us know – we never turn a youth away!