Character Clubs are a unique 1.5 hour mid-week club that pairs physical literacy with character education. No bored kids here- we are learning and moving! Affirming leaders create an atmosphere of growth and support. The clubs focus on building resiliency for kids coping with various life challenges. Kids are supported in making friends, personal leadership, social development, and Christian character.
- 1.5 hours.
- ages 6-11 or entering grades 1-6.
- Builds Christian character through mentoring and engaging activities.
- Character themes include: responsibility, respect, honesty, work ethic, problem solving, teamwork and more!
- Though offered free of charge, if families would like to make a donation, they may do so online or at our offices with an appointment.
- If there is no school on a club day due to a holiday or school closure, there will be no Clubs that day.
- NEW FOR 2021: As schools are not yet open to outside agencies, all our clubs have been moved to local Community Leagues and Church gymnasiums. For any club meeting directly after school, the KOT Leaders will meet the registered children at the front door of the school and walk them to the Club site. Pick up will be at the Club site.
- Space in the Clubs is limited and we often experience waitlists. We ask that participants attend regularly. If a child doesn’t show up for 2 weeks in a row with no communication from the parent/guardian, their spot in the Club may be given away to a child on the waitlist.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will my child have to wear a mask?
No, we do not require masking at our programs.
What if we are not part of the Christian faith?
Not a problem! We invite all children to participate. Our program is non-coercive and inclusive. We focus on building strong character and utilize games, songs, and stories to do it!
Can a younger sibling attend with them?
Unfortunately, no. The program is specifically geared for grades 1-6.
My child uses an Educational Assistant at school. Can they still attend?
We ask that if a child uses an EA at school that you also provide one for the Club time. We have had many children be successful with this model!
My child has a physical or medical disability. Can they still attend?
We always work with parents/guardians to ensure success in our clubs.
Free! We do not have a registration fee as we want every child to be able to come, but we appreciate all contributions to keep these valuable clubs going. Did you know it costs Kids On Track $10/child/club to operate? Any help towards covering these costs is appreciated.