Generously Supported by:
Character Clubs are a unique 1.5 hour mid-week club that pairs physical literacy with character education. No bored kids here- we are learning and moving! Affirming leaders create an atmosphere of growth and support. The clubs focus on building resiliency for kids coping with various life challenges. Kids are supported in making friends, personal leadership, social development, and Christian character.
- 1.5 hours
- ages 6-11 or entering grades 1-6
- Builds Christian character through mentoring and engaging activities
- Character themes include: responsibility, respect, honesty, work ethic, problem solving, teamwork and more!
- Though offered free of charge, if families would like to make a donation, they may do so online or at our offices with an appointment
- See below for registration forms
- Completed forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID: How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
- All staff and participants must be masked upon entry into the program (The City Of Edmonton Bylaw #19408)
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have ability to allow children into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks
- Staff will take attendance at each club- this is standard KOT policy
- No group singing will be utilized at this time. Music will still be utilized to create a fun atmosphere.
- No extreme physical activities will be done while masked
- There will be no sharing of equipment, and equipment will be sanitized before and after usage
- We ask that parents not send their children if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Staff will self-assess their health and will not come to work if showing symptoms (see above).
- Hand sanitization upon entry into the program, and hand hygiene will be sought throughout the club time.
- Hand hygiene and coughing and sneezing etiquette will be reviewed
- If any staff have symptoms we will adhere to the policy to self-isolate and they must get tested and provide a negative test before returning to work.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high contact/touch spots
- Physical distancing will be utilized in fun and engaging ways such as every kid sitting in their own hula hoop
- No-contact games will be utilized
If you would like to register your child for one of the available clubs, please download the registration package here.
Free! We do not have a registration fee as we want every child to be able to come, but we appreciate all contributions to keep these valuable clubs going. Did you know it costs Kids On Track $10/child/club to operate? Any help towards covering these costs is appreciated.