What is Family Connect?
Family Connect is a free family event that is split into two different parts:
- Character building fun
- Creative lessons that use puppets, crazy characters, drama, games, music, multimedia and more!
- Caring mentors
- Kids earn KOT coins to cash in at our Clubhouse Emporium
- NEW TO 2022: Kids rotate through engaging stations participating in hands-on learning
- Fun and engaging parenting activities
- Caring parenting mentors
- Connecting with other parents in the community
- Relevant themes
- Parenting strategies you can try at home
January- People’s Church 15641-96 Ave NW
Family Connect is offered FREE to families! If families wish to contribute, you can donate through our website by clicking HERE.
April 30, 2022
June 25, 2022
A West Edmonton Shuttle is offered for families who do not have a way of getting to Family Connect. You must phone 587-404-8877 by the WEDNESDAY before the event date to book your spot on the shuttle. The Shuttle will pick up from key West Edmonton locations only. Currently all participants will be required to wear a mask if being transported on our shuttle.
COVID: How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
- All staff and participants must be masked upon entry into the program (The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408)
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the ability to allow participants into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks
- Staff will take attendance for each Family Connect night- this is standard KOT policy
- No group singing will be utilized at this time. Music will be utilized to create a fun atmosphere
- We ask that no participants (parents/caregivers or children) enter the program if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Staff will self-assess their health and will not come to work if showing symptoms (see above.)
- Hand sanitization upon entry into the program
- Hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette will be reviewed
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high contact/touch spots
- Physical distancing will be used to keep family cohorts a minimum of 6 feet apart from other cohorts
- Signage throughout the building to create a flow of foot traffic. Families will be asked to leave promptly after the program ends so we can sanitize properly
What is the cost?
Each Family Connect night is FREE! If you wish, you can donate at the reception desk when you arrive
What if I can't wear a mask?
Unfortunately, participants who are unable to wear a mask will be asked to enjoy the show from home.
Will you still do singing?
At this time, we will not be doing any singing. We will however get up and do some actions to video songs put on the screen!
Can I drop my kids off and leave?
This is a parented program. Parents are NOT permitted to drop off their children and leave.
Will the nursery be open?
Unfortunately no, we are unable to open the nursery at this time. Small children are able to stay with parents in the Parent’s Cafe.
What about the kids' store?
The Clubhouse Emporium will resume in 2022 with some adjustments. Children will not be permitted to touch the items until they “purchase” with their KOT bucks.
Can I get a ride?
Yes, from key West Edmonton locations. All family members must remain masked on the shuttle bus. You must book the bus by the Wednesday prior to the event by calling 587-404-8877. We do not puck up further than West Edmonton.
Will supper be served?
At this time no food will be served during Family Connect nights