Generously Supported by:
What happens at Family Connect?
UPDATE: February 1, 2021
In accordance with current health restrictions in Alberta, Family Connect will meet virtually for the month of February. The program will be posted in full on the Kids On Track YouTube channel for viewing on Saturday, February 20th. We will provide an update for the February Family Connect event as health guidances are made available.
December 19, 2020
January 16, 2021*
February 20, 2021*
March 20, 2021*
April 17, 2021*
May 8- Mom’s Celebration
June 19, 2021*
Family Connect is offered FREE to families! If families wish to contribute, cash donations are accepted at the door or you can donate through our website by clicking HERE.
15641-96 Ave located in People’s Church building
***COVID-19 UPDATE– FOR THE TIME BEING, NO SHUTTLE SERVICE WILL BE OFFERED. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE***
What’s Different- what to expect?
NOTE: FAMILY CONNECT IS CURRENTLY MEETING ONLINE ONLY
- The Family Connect program will look at little different this year! We know that community is a big need right now and we have made some changes to the program so that we can continue to meet as a KOT Community!
- We will be limiting the number of participants to 75 people for each seating. This will be a ticketed event and you will have to show your ticket at the door.
- The program will no longer be split according to age- this will now be a family service where the whole family will enjoy the puppets and dramas!
- The Parent Cafe resources will be posted on our website following the Family Connect night for parents to continue to do the activities at home
- There will be no supper served at this time
- The KOT Store will not be operating at this time so hang on to those tokens for the time being! We will have different prizes and give-aways for each child instead!
- Busing will not be offered at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience
COVID: How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
NOTE: FAMILY CONNECT IS CURRENTLY MEETING ONLINE ONLY
- All staff and participants must be masked upon entry into the program (The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408)
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the ability to allow participants into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks
- We will video or live-stream the program so anyone not able to attend can still watch the program
- Staff will take attendance for each Family Connect night- this is standard KOT policy
- No group singing will be utilized at this time. Music will be utilized to create a fun atmosphere
- We ask that no participants (parents/caregivers or children) enter the program if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Staff will self-assess their health and will not come to work if showing symptoms (see above.)
- Hand sanitization upon entry into the program
- Hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette will be reviewed
- If any staff have symptoms we will adhere to the policy to self-isolate and they must get tested and provide a negative test result before returning to work
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high contact/touch spots
- Physical distancing will be used to keep family cohorts a minimum of 6 feet apart from other cohorts
- Signage throughout the building to create a flow of foot traffic. Families will be asked to leave promptly after the program ends so we can sanitize properly
- There will be no nursery facilities open at this time and all children must remain with their parents during the entire program- please do not let your children run around during the program
- Children must be escorted to the washrooms. If you are unable to escort your child (dealing with a baby or smaller child) please ask our staff and we will assign them a bathroom buddy
What’s New This Year?
Parents and kids stay together
Resources to do some fun activities at home will be given to you
No tokens this year, but we will have lots of fun stuff to give away!
No food will be served for now
New puppet friends and crazy characters!
Parent Cafe is going ONLINE!
This year you will be able to download parent resources from our website to enhance the Family Connect theme in your house
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must reserve your seat for Family Connect prior to the event. Use the link below to save seats for you and your family!
What is the cost?
Each Family Connect night is FREE! If you wish, you can donate at the reception desk when you arrive
What if I can't wear a mask?
Unfortunately, participants who are unable to wear a mask will be asked to enjoy the show from home. We will be taping each Family Connect and uploading it to our Youtube page.
Will you still do singing?
At this time, we will not be doing any singing as per the AHS Guidelines. We will however get up and do some actions to video songs put on the screen!
Can I drop my kids off and leave?
Unfortunately no, we cannot have children unsupervised at this program. Parents must stay with their children at all times.
Will the nursery be open?
Unfortunately no, we are unable to open the nursery at this time.
What about the kids' store?
At this time the kid’s store will be closed. Instead, you can expect a special prize for each child for each Family Connect night just for coming!
Can I get a ride?
At this time we are unable to offer the KOT Shuttle service.
Will supper be served?
At this time no food will be served during Family Connect nights