Generously Supported by:
15641-96 Ave located in People’s Church building
***COVID-19 UPDATE– FOR THE TIME BEING, NO SHUTTLE SERVICE WILL BE OFFERED. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE***
COVID: How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
NOTE: FAMILY CONNECT IS CURRENTLY MEETING ONLINE ONLY
- All staff and participants must be masked upon entry into the program (The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408)
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the ability to allow participants into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks
- We will video or live-stream the program so anyone not able to attend can still watch the program
- Staff will take attendance for each Family Connect night- this is standard KOT policy
- No group singing will be utilized at this time. Music will be utilized to create a fun atmosphere
- We ask that no participants (parents/caregivers or children) enter the program if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Staff will self-assess their health and will not come to work if showing symptoms (see above.)
- Hand sanitization upon entry into the program
- Hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette will be reviewed
- If any staff have symptoms we will adhere to the policy to self-isolate and they must get tested and provide a negative test result before returning to work
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high contact/touch spots
- Physical distancing will be used to keep family cohorts a minimum of 6 feet apart from other cohorts
- Signage throughout the building to create a flow of foot traffic. Families will be asked to leave promptly after the program ends so we can sanitize properly
- There will be no nursery facilities open at this time and all children must remain with their parents during the entire program- please do not let your children run around during the program
- Children must be escorted to the washrooms. If you are unable to escort your child (dealing with a baby or smaller child) please ask our staff and we will assign them a bathroom buddy
Parent Cafe is going ONLINE!
This year you will be able to download parent resources from our website to enhance the Family Connect theme in your house
What is the cost?
Each Family Connect night is FREE! If you wish, you can donate at the reception desk when you arrive
What if I can't wear a mask?
Unfortunately, participants who are unable to wear a mask will be asked to enjoy the show from home. We will be taping each Family Connect and uploading it to our Youtube page.
Will you still do singing?
At this time, we will not be doing any singing as per the AHS Guidelines. We will however get up and do some actions to video songs put on the screen!
Can I drop my kids off and leave?
Unfortunately no, we cannot have children unsupervised at this program. Parents must stay with their children at all times.
Will the nursery be open?
Unfortunately no, we are unable to open the nursery at this time.
What about the kids' store?
At this time the kid’s store will be closed. Instead, you can expect a special prize for each child for each Family Connect night just for coming!
Can I get a ride?
At this time we are unable to offer the KOT Shuttle service.
Will supper be served?
At this time no food will be served during Family Connect nights