Kids On Track COVID Plan
The health and wellness of Kids On Track families continues to be our highest priority. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Canada, utilizing trusted sources such as Alberta Health Services and Health Canada.
Now more than ever we recognize the importance of building community with one another. We also recognize that it is not a simple thing to accomplish in light of the guidances and recommendations from Alberta Health Services. We want to assure you that great attention has gone into our program plans. We learned a lot from navigating programming this past year. With so many changes happening, you can be confident that one thing has not changed- the staff and volunteers at Kids On Track care deeply about you, our KOT families. Every effort is being made to ensure safety for our participants as well as for our teams.
How We Are Keeping Each Other Safe
- As of August 1, 2020, The City Of Edmonton requires all individuals to wear a face covering over their mouth, nose, and chin in all indoor public places (publicly or privately owned) according to Edmonton Bylaw #19408. All staff and participants must be masked upon entry into indoor programs. Masking at outdoor programs will be utilized when participants cannot maintain a six foot distance from other participants and staff.
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have the ability to allow participants into the program who are medically exempt from wearing masks.
- We will video or live-stream the programs wherever possible.
- Before entering the program site it is expected that all individuals answer the self-assessment and refrain from participating and return home if they have any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Staff who have symptoms will adhere to the policy to self-isolate and must get tested
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results, please do not attend a program
- If you have been in close contact with anyone suspected of having COVID, please do not attend a program
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at our entrances. Hand sanitizers and instructions will be placed in common spaces, meeting areas, and washrooms
- We will limit the number of people in programs
- We will limit the number of people allowed in washrooms
- Staff will continue to take attendance at each program- this is standard KOT policy. Program participants must be registered for the program which they are attending.
- No group singing will be utilized at this time. Music will continue to be used to create a fun atmosphere
- We will aim to maintain a distance of 6 feet between family or cohorts
- We have created and will follow a cleaning and disinfecting plan that targets high contact spots, locations, and washrooms
- Check in, entry, and exiting the programs will be staggered to help maintain distancing
Remember, if you are not ready to return in person, Kids On Track is also working at getting our programming online. This is new ground for us, so please be patient while we navigate new territory like live streaming and video components to our programs.